Based in Berlin, Germany
26 August, 2010
DescriptionOmicron is a color reaction game for 1 or 2 players on the same device. Eliminate tiles and earn bonus time as the difficulty increases. Omicron offers 3 game modes, many power-ups and achievements. A color appears at the beginning of each level. Tap tiles while they show up in that color to win. Discover the 3 different game types of Omicron: - C L A S S I C - Eliminate all of the tiles while they appear in the right color and finish the level before you run out of time. You lose time with each mistake you make. You win time for every correct tap you make and time gained is transferred to the next level . This helps you to reach higher levels. Speed increases level by level. - A R C A D E - In this mode, there are no single levels. The rate of color changes increases contstantly while eliminated tiles respawn. For each mistake you make you lose one life. Without extra life bonus the game is over after just five mistakes. - V E R S U S - Play Omicron with a friend on just one device! Eliminate all tiles while they appear in the right color. The first player with 3 points wins the match!
HistoryThe idea for Omicron originated in experimental programming. We intended to design the game individualistic and appealing but still as clear and minimalistic as the game principle itself. The hexagonal design turned out to be the best visual language to transport this idea. The versus split-screen mode was the biggest challenge for us. We took a lot of time to achieve a simple but still fun multiplayer experience.
- 2 different single player modes
- 2 player versus / split-screen mode
- Gamecenter Achievements
- A fantastic Soundtrack by SQU!L
Awards & Recognition
- "Apple Feature" Omicron was featured by Apple as "New and Noteworthy" and in "What we play"
- "Omicron looks beautiful - all sharp edges and graduated shades and colours, like a Paul Klee painting or the website Polygon."
- Rob Hearn, Pocket Gamer
- "Omicron - Ideal for parties and starting arguments."
- James Gilmour, AppSpy
- "Omicron - Simple, effective gameplay and high production values… colour me impressed!"
- , Know Thy App
- "Omicron - It is fun to put your reflexes to the test"
- , iFanzine
- "Zum Takt der elektronischen Musik lässt Omicron Finger rhythmisch über den Bildschirm tanzen — und das fühlt sich ziemlich einzigartig an."
- Dennis Kogel, Superlevel
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Canupa is an indie game design studio based in Berlin Germany and was founded in 2009 by Nemo Holtmann and Gregor Haase (alias FineFin).
More information on Canupa, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Game Director, Canupa
Gregor Haase (aka FineFin)
Idea and Code, Canupa